Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Super Tuesday

It is the big voting day, but I am one of those numerous registered voters who will not vote today. Why? It isn't as much that I don't care or feel disenfranchized, it is more that there really isn't a reason to.

You see, I am registered to vote in California. For some reason I am registered with the Green Party. I cannot remember why I did this, but I did it when I was in college. It was either because I was adhering to my youthful environmental ideals or I was trying to impress a girl (if that was it, it definitely did not work). Whatever the reason, I never changed it. I will, once I know where I am living after I graduate and register there.

California has a closed primary and there is no one really to chose from on the Green ticket, so I just won't vote. If I were a registered Democrat, however, I am still not sure who I would vote for. Although, I think it is a foregone conclusion that the candidate will be Kerry.

No comments: