Saturday, March 20, 2004

Tonight Sara and I went out for dinner to an [Ameri]-Mexican restaurant. It was pretty good [for New England]. I had the fish tacos.

Fish tacos and other good Mexican food are some of the reasons I really miss San Diego. I usually get fish tacos at Rubio's. Sara had a hard time accepting the combination of fish and taco at first. You need to understand that she is from New Mexico where fish is not a good choice of food because it is probably not fresh and putting it in a taco just does not make any sense. After her initial doubts, she has come to enjoy them as well.

There are many other reasons I miss San Diego. For example, walks on this beach. I also miss my family and friends. And that warm weather....ah nostalgia.

But those Rubio's fish tacos are good. Try them if you are ever in San Diego (although Rubio's has expanded all over the west - check their website for locations). As for my fish tacos tonight? They were good, but not the real thing.

I would not trade the company for anything, though - not even the best fish taco in the world.

No comments: