Thursday, March 11, 2004

I dislike Thursdays. They are long days that are draining. Today was particularly bad because there were so many lose ends to tie up before we leave for Texas tomorrow.

I am trying to decide what work to take with me. Part of me wants to leave it all behind. Just let it be for a couple of days. I really can't. All those hours at the airport need to be used productively, at least a little.

I have been having very strange dreams recently. It is all the emotional comotion going on in both of our lives right now.

Stress - it will mess with your mind.

One recent dream: I was teaching a cooking class. It was entitled, "Cooking with Tripe". The main message I was trying to convey was, "You need to keep Tripe with Tripe." Yes, not everyone likes tripe (including me) so you don't want it mixing with any of the other dishes.

Yeah...right...whatever. Stupid subconscious...

Whenever I think I am going nuts, though, I just have to remember my current yoga teacher...now she is out there. I'll tell some stories sometime later. In anycase, I am not doing too bad.

Yesterday they cut down a tree that was in front of our house (actually more on the side - we live on a corner). The tree was very sick. On windy days, branches of it would fall on the street below. I was careful not to park our car there. It needed to be cut down. Still it makes me sad. Despite its failing health, it was hanging on. Every spring, a few branches would amazingly put out a few leaves. And every fall those leaves turned into some amazing colors. We won't see those few leaves reappear this spring. I feel like I should plant a tree somewhere sometime soon. The cycle of life...or so they say.

To all a good weekend and I will be back on Sunday...

No comments: