Monday, August 22, 2005

Detox - Day 2 (Part 2)

I am in pain. So is Sara.

We are dealing with some really bad headaches. Mine seems to shoot up my neck and up and around over the top of my skull. Sara's is a throbbing one which gets worse if she moves around.

Although the rules don't allow it, I am seriously tempted to take some asprin.

The meals were better today. I made some lentil stew with veggies and tumeric and cinnamon seasoning for lunch. Dinner was some Tilapia with tumeric, lemon, and basil, arrugula salad with radishes, strawberries, and blueberries and a lemon-basil dressing.

I had to make a run to Trader Joe's to get some more fruit. That was a test of my will power. As I went in, a woman was walking out with a very nice looking bagette. In the store the fruits are right next to the cheese display. I was good: no snacking, tasting, sampling, or stealing.

Mentally I seem to be more alert, but that just makes me more aware of this stupid headache.

As part of the program we are doing stretches and hydrotherapy. Our tub doesn't really work (not that I would fit in it anyway), so we just have to make do with the shower.

This whole process would be easier if we could actually do it at Canyon Ranch where it is part of a program. There others worry about your food, there are scheduled yoga classes, and you are not exposed to all sorts of tempting images, smells, and foods. Of course, we cannot afford that..

Thank you everyone for the support and ideas. At this point I need all the help/best wishes I can get. Off to drink some water...

No comments: