Friday, August 22, 2003

Friday Night...

Ok, it's Friday night and I seem to be the only living creature on my block. The wife, the neighbors, the friends, they are all out of town. There is our dog, but he is passed out on the floor so I am not sure if he counts as a living creature.

Tangent: He (our dog) got to go to this cool place outside of Providence. Officially it is called Chase Farm, but he knows it only as THEFARM (one word). It is a former farm that has been turned into a park. It has a number of trails that wind through the hilly fields of tall grass. Nestled in the middle is a small pond in which he loves to swim. Although he is not supposed to be off the leash, he does get unhitched for some time in the water. While we are meandering through the fields he stays on the extended leash. So we follow the rules, but he still gets to run. All this excitement, along with the hot and humid weather that has returned with a vengance, took its toll and now he is off in doggie-dreamy land.

Back to the issue at hand. Here I am in my quiet solitude in the middle of Providence. It seems like I am the only one around. It is strange - really quiet.

I don't mind being on my own. In some ways I like the tranquility. There are definitely many things I could do that could keep me busy, but those can wait. I am going to enjoy this time to myself.



No comments: