Sunday, August 10, 2003

MALA wrote in her blog about watching the Sunday political shows. I was just watching Meet the Press where they were discussing the recall election in California. I had to turn it off - it is just so depressing....

As a former Californian I just have to ask, what are they thinking over there?

Is it me, or does it seem that the Republicans are constantly engaging in the sabotage of elected Democrats? I guess they do it because they can. And no one seems to mind. In fact, people seem to like the process. Perhaps it is entertaining to see politicians squirm. As if reality television were not enough....

Yet I have to ask, have we become a vendetta society where we need to get back at politicians just because they raise the tax we pay on our cars? Is our society really that petty?

Is there anyone more full of it or more narcissistic than Congressman Issa?

Can anyone who supports good ol' Arnold (the big steriod guy, not the little one from Diff'rent Strokes) tell me one thing he has proposed, other than getting rid of Gov. Davis, to fix the problems California faces?

Does anyone else believe that someone whose father was a Nazi should stay away from politics?

I think the events in California will be a perfect illustration of the idiom: You reap what you sow. The mess is just beginning. I have been longing to return to California, but for once I am happy I am not there and my hopes for a return will be put on hiatus.

*****************

Prozac seems to be working ...... despite the Sunday shows and the California mess.


*******************

Despite the political messes surrounding us, we live in a great country - one where you can have Guatemalan, Mexican, Korean, Ethiopian, Thai, and Italian food all in one week.

******************

Speaking of Ethiopian food, there is something about eating with your hands that I find appealing. And I don't mean shoving a sandwich or a burger in your mouth, rather breaking of small pieces of *bread* and dipping it in your dish. Somehow the aromas and flavors come together in a way that they never do with an eating utensil. I also like the faint smell of spices that remain in your fingers hours afterward even if you have washed your hands.

******************

I feel like I need scuba gear to breathe in this humidity.

******************

Need to walk the dog.....

No comments: