Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Random Movie Thoughts...

Just finished watching El Crimen del Padre Amaro...

Holy Cow!

Or as we say in Mexico, Ayayayay!

I think I liked it (I am still thinking about it - but movies that I have to think about are usually the ones I like), but don't see it if you are a hardcore practicing Catholic because you will be offended. Unless, of course, you are a hardcore practicing Catholic that likes to be offended.

I do find it amazing that it was made in Mexico, the most Catholic country that I know. And it was a hit there.

It is also telling that a Portuguese book written in 1875 by Jose Maria Eca de Queiroz can be remade into a contemporary film that resonates with current events. The Church really has not changed all that much over the past 100 years.

No comments: