Monday, September 22, 2003

Anxiety Attacks and Dog Mysteries:
Last night as I settled in to sleep, I got slammed with a period of anxiety. You know, one of those moments when all the crisises and issues and problems and stresses and crap that complicate your life all come to a head and fall on you like a boulder. Yeah, I had one of those.

So to soothe my troubled mind I swore that today would be an exceedingly productive day. I need to keep my promise. Or else I might have another one of those moments tonight...and they are not pleasant.

Before I go, however, I want to thank you for your comments on the template. I quite like the translucent nature of the text box, so I might keep it. I will try to change the color on the links (eventually, see above) so that they are easier to read.

I also would like to thank you all for your hypotheses on why our dog is so enthralled with Oman. To review, this what people have said:

Radmilla: Maybe he's got family there? [I doubt it. We adpoted him from an obscure corner of Rhode Island where the mentality is such that if it is more than a five minute drive it is REALLY far away. He is, however, some convoluted mix of breeds - we never have really figured them out - so it is quite possible that he might have some Omani Retriever in him - whatever that is].

Lux: Maybe that's his real name, and you have been calling him by the wrong name all this time [We had not though of this before. So we tried calling him that. He would get excited, but did not respond the same way as he does to his name. Just to note, when we got him, he already had his name and knew it - it is that of a Greek Diety. Although we probably would not have named him that, the name does seem to suit him and his personality well].

Smivey: [Wait, he just wrote to tell me that it seemed to him like my site was written on invisible ink. Nothing to do with the dog and Oman.]

Kat: Perhaps he's a big Linda Blair fan and thought you said "Omen". Imagine his disappoint. [While this seem to be an excellent and entertaining explanation, when we called out "Omen", the reaction was not the same. He definitely reacts to Oman. By the way, Kat has a cool new template as well, go check it out].

So the mystery remains. Academics shall continue to puzzle over this for years to come...

Happy Monday!!! Yeah, right....

No comments: