Monday, September 01, 2003

Evil Mosquitos:

Earlier this year I read that this summer was going to be hellish for mosquitos because of the wet spring we had. For someone who is a mosquito magnet, this was not good news. The summer went by without any major trouble, a bite here, a bite there - quite to my surprise. Until tonight...

Those mosquitos are out with a vengence. I have killed several over the course of the evening. Earlier tonight as I was cutting some basil on our porch for dinner, I got three bites on my legs. And just right now one bit me on the forehead. Damn insects! It doesn't help that the news this morning said to not be alarmed if you find dead birds in your yard or street: West Nile Virus and Eastern Equine Encephalitis are at their peak right now. Yeah, right...don't be alarmed with all these stupid bites and dead birds! And they itch like the dickens to boot...

No comments: