Thursday, September 18, 2003

Squirrel Update
The landlord finally got around to plugging the hole in our attic yesterday (after two postponements). He said he filled the hole with cement and covered the area with a steel plate. That should keep those buggers out.

It did make for an exciting day today. At 6:00 this morning, from somewhere in the depths of my slumber, I hear a plucking noise. I wake up to see a squirrel lying on the skylight window we have. I get up and chase it away. I tried going back to bed, only to be awoken by the pitter-patter of squirrel feet on our gutters. All day today they have been running around the gutters, along the roof, and on the skylight. Needless to say, this drove our dog nuts as he ran from staring up at the skylight to the window on the other side of our apartment.

I figure all the commotion was because they sensed the storm coming (we will only get hit marginally by Isabel, but the wind has picked up) and they were freaking out because the door to their home was sealed shut.

Hahaha.

I know that is mean, but they should go live in a tree; there are plenty of them around.

No comments: