Wednesday, September 24, 2003

So you may be wondering...
After the last post, you may be wondering if anything bad happened today. Smivey suggested that it may be that the link I put up did not work. That really did not bother me and it was easy to come up with a solution.

Something bad did happen. When my mom called and left her birthday wishes on our answering machine, she also informed me that my uncle was in an intensive care unit. I am not going to go into a long story about my uncle or the accident he had tonight because I don't have the energy (maybe I will do it some other time). Suffice it to say that I never have been close to him. He is your stereotypical redneck who has been in and out of prison for different reasons. So while I feel for him, what really bothers me is that both my mother and grandfather, who are having their own shares of difficulties, have yet another big problem with which to deal.

That said, I can also say that I had a nice day. My wife, dog, and I went for a long walk during what turned out to be a glorious day. We had some errands to do on campus and after we were done we sat on the green for a while basking in the warm and comforting sunshine. Our dog even got to chase a couple of squirrels, coming mighty close to catching one of them. In the evening we went out for dinner at a Japanese restaurant. We sat in the tatami room where you take off your shoes and sit on the floor. While this is fun, by the end of the evening your legs start falling asleep and in trying to move them you end up kicking the other person.

I must say, that even though bad things do happen on my birthday, dealing with them has become much easier ever since I met my wife. She helps me bring things into perspective and I realize that I don't have to face the difficulties alone. And so no matter what happens, she will always be there for me. I'll end by saying that today I got the best birthday present ever: my wife's love.

No comments: