Thursday, September 25, 2003

My vote is in...
I got my absentee ballot in the mail today for California's wonderful and special recall election. I was going to allow people to make arguments for which way I should vote. But I decided against it...

I voted NO on the recall. What a waste!

And I voted for Cruz Bustamante (who looks like he could be Danny DeVito's cousin, and although that might be a good enough reason as any to vote for him over all the other clowns in the race, it isn't). He is the Lieutenant Governor, so it just makes sense that he should replace the current governor should he not be able to fulfill his term. I would have voted for him even if he were a Republican (unless he was one of those ultra-radical, scary Republicans, but I also would not have voted for him if he were some wacko Democrat either).

I am not sure where this is going to go. I sure hope the recall fails because if it succeeds, it will only open up a whole new can of worms in American politics.

For those of you who are reading from beyond the borders of this country, I apologize. There are other issues worth discussing, I will try to get to those soon.

No comments: