Saturday, September 27, 2003

More California Recall Banter (last for a while, I promise):
Kim
(a new visitor - welcome Kim, I hope you visit again) commented on yesterday's post regarding the California recall. Let me quote her directly:

I'm in Canada but watched the debate the other night. It was both comical and interesting to say the least. I honestly can't understand why Arnie is so high in the polls, I don't get it. I was very impressed with the Lt Governor (do I have that right?) Of course I know nothing of your politicians so I can't say who is good and who isn't but my first impression was he was intelligent, gentlemanly, kept his composure and seemed sincere.

Kim's comment brough several things to mind:

1. They are broadcasting the California debates in Canada? They are probably better informed about it than most Americans (at least Kim is, even though she humbly denies it). My wife's theory is that they are doing it so they can laugh at us. She is probably right.

2. Her question is a good one. Why is Arnold so high in the polls? Are people really that shallow?

3. Although I have not been able to watch any of the dabates, I have been following the campaign closely and I agree with her assessment of Cruz Bustamante.

4. I should move to Canada. Actually, Kim's comment had nothing to do with that. It is more that Canada seems to be more in touch with social realities.

I think I will save my ballot from the election. It might be worth something someday. Maybe something good might come out of this after all.

No comments: