Monday, September 29, 2003

Domestic Day
My family in Mexico would laugh at me ("Men should not be doing that!"), my Italian friend's mothers would ask "What's wrong with his mother that she is not doing his cleaning?", but today was dedicated to domestic chores. There was laundry to do (again), floors had to be swept and mopped, rugs had to be vacuumed, and the bathroom needed a good cleaning.

I love having a dog, but it means having hair everywhere all the time. I swear there was enough lying around today that I could of almost made a whole new dog. And he has short hair. I can't imagine what it would be like with a long haired fluffy dog!

Got everything done, though. Now if I could only organize my office a little better. This place is a mess. I need to finish this chapter first.

This afternoon I am attending the first meeting of a teaching skills seminar at the university's teaching center. It meets once a month throughout the academic year. This is the advanced level so I know what to expect. It is very touchy-feely, but sometimes they have good suggestions. Since I am hoping to get a job at a university or college where the emphasis is on teaching, attending this seminar cannot hurt.

But I went off on a tagent here that had nothing to do with domestic day. Sorry.

No comments: