Tuesday, September 09, 2003

You know it's going to be one of those days...

...when you hear the pitter-patter of squirrel feet in the attic early in the morning when you are trying to enjoy your coffee. This calls for immediate attention because it drives the dog nuts. So up in the attic I go, still not quite awake, with a flashlight to chase them out. Indeed they burrowed a hole right next to the old one that our landlord covered up last spring. Looking around I saw him (her?) sitting in the corner. I found a piece of wood to coax her (him?) out through the opening. I tried sticking the wood in the hole, but I know from experience that will not work for long. I climbed back down from the attic to find the dog making a fuss at the window. Our furry friend was on the gutter just above our window. I grabbed a broom, opened the window, and *suggested* to the bushy rodent to go somewhere else. She (he? it?) is gone for now, but will be back soon. I know. Time to call the landlord again. He needs to cover that hole soon before all the furry friends in the neighborhood crash the party in our attic. Man, I hate those critters!

Now I am trying (unsuccessfully) to get some work done before I have to run off to campus this afternoon for more of those "It's a new school year!" events. The plus side is that there will be more free food, although I am already tiring of campus produced meals. How did I survive in college? Oh yeah, ordering pizza and running off campus with my friends to hole-in-the-wall "ethnic" restaurants.

ok, back to work buddy....


No comments: