Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Fodder for a Hypocondriac:
How's this for bad timing? I wrote earlier that I have not been feeling well and I just got this email:

To All Faculty, Staff and Graduate Students:

On Monday, September 15, a university student was diagnosed with bacterial
meningitis. Although we do not yet have results of further tests, it is
possible this could be a case of meningococcal meningitis, a serious
bacterial infection. The student is in the hospital and doing well. As
a precaution, Health Services is individually notifying all close
contacts and roommates of this student and providing preventative
treatment. We are providing preventative treatment to a wider circle of
contacts than recommended by the Rhode Island Department of Health.

While I doubt I have menigitis or any of the stupid mosquito-borne illnesses (the symptoms aren't right), news such as this does not make me feel better. Especially when I am not sure what is wrong with me.

No comments: